Sponsors

Monday, March 26, 2012

A part-time Online English Tutor

A part-time Online English Tutor

Many students and professionals have turned to online tutorial as a new way to review for classes and learning all sorts of things - from academics to extracurricular activities. As for people like me who are looking for an additional source of income, online education is suddenly worth a try

Please note that I have no experience teaching or tutoring everyone.However, when a friend of a friend introduced me to this center line tutorial private, the owner told me that I did not really need to have experience, but I have to show my students that I am knowledgeable in the area that I will be teaching - which in this case is English.Having worked in a call center before, I guessed it would be easy

The main task is to talk to my students and to report any grammatical errors. I would also have to inject grammar lessons along the way. Online support is the function used to call Skype and YM, as they are free. Each session will last one hour per student, the student unless you really like and want to express. "Students" were all professionals and their first language is not English. However, they can understand and speak the language at hand at an intermediate level, but just need to hone their conversational skills.As a beginner, I really have no idea what to do. It is difficult to measure knowledge of each student. With no experience in preparing lesson plans and modules, I've resorted to Googling intense online teaching strategies and materials

The technique is to make students feel that their teacher really prepared for the lesson. Since the online tutoring is not giving me a lot of variety in terms of materials, I thought I'd make use of PowerPoint presentations. My first classes were composed image of exercises, vocabulary exercises, tongue twisters and mock interviews. Week after week, I think more carefully how to make classes more enjoyable and hassle for my students, which in this case also come home from work, just like me

I taught for nearly half a year now, and I can say I really enjoy it. Not only have I found a way to increase my monthly income, but online education is broken somehow my monotonous routine as a regular employee stuck in a boring day job. This is a rewarding experience, realizing that my students are actually learning something of the little knowledge that I share with them. It's also fun because while I teach, I receive a lot to learn from them

Of course, online tutorial has many drawbacks. It's hard enough to teach someone face to face, what more if your student is a thousand miles? Teaching strategies are limited, you have to do with the soft copy versions do all the time. Call quality can also be a problem, and many times I've been through our call being disconnected. But overall, online education is a job worth trying

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More